Saturday 24 November 2012

Portrait Photography



Source (Google.com.pk)
Portrait Photography Biography
“Sure, I take mainstream images. I can’t have my brides jumping into a pool on their wedding day or splashing around in the water but if I can put an original twist on it, I will. I love images that stand out from the norm and highlight my clients’ individual personalities. Brides want their photos to include the traditional features but they also demand imaginative and inspired images that reflect who they are.”

One obvious creative twist on her photography is the “Trash the Dress” sessions that About Image has become well known for. “I think it’s extreme to buy an expensive dress and only wear it once. Why not get another wear out of it while creating fun images? My web site has a couple of examples of these crazy sessions – please check it out.” The “Trash the Dress” sessions are becoming more and more appealing to brides even though the more traditional mothers of the bride would rather not hear of such insanity, rolling their eyes and shaking their heads at the idea. While most Trash the Dress sessions are scheduled weeks or months after the wedding, there is the occasional bride who would rather trash the dress on the day of the wedding and change for the reception.

About Image wedding couples and portrait subjects are photographed in a wide variety of settings, ranging from beautiful landscapes and rural locales to city streets of impressive buildings and bold architecture. “I like to mix things up with the portrait sessions because I like to avoid everyone standing around looking at the camera. These sessions work best when the couple is fully living in the moment. When I can capture a couple or family exchanging more candid smiles and glances, I have captured the moment.”

Jenna has been photographing for about 8 years, and has primarily focused on weddings since 2004. "We only accept a limited number of weddings a year, which allows me to treat each couple to an exclusive experience." She has become one of the pre-eminent wedding and portrait photographers in the area with her creative and professional approach to photography. “I love what I do and I like to keep it fun for everyone.”

About Image employs four staff – two full time and part time employees. The principal photographer Jenna Simpson works with assistants on the wedding shoot to ensure full coverage and the team is well equipped with up to five cameras and a variety of lenses.

I’m a storyteller with a camera. My passion is to identify the subtle nuances that make each person unique, catch them at just the right moment, and produce exquisite works of art that will be cherished forever. My photographs have been described as heartfelt and sensitive, warm and engaging.

My entire life has been dominated by my passion for photography. From the minute I picked up a camera, I was hooked. I studied at the Princeton University Graduate School of Photography and have an MFA in Photography from Brooklyn College. Before I started my own business, I was a photographer with a highly prestigious wedding and portrait studio in Long Island.

I’ve been a photojournalist, which enabled me to hone my skills as a storyteller. I love telling the story about the relationships between individuals. Whether it’s a family portrait, a wedding album, or a horse and rider, it’s the “in-between” moments, the moments you don’t expect, that I seek to capture.

Over the years I’ve worked successfully in every kind of setting: on the beach, in parks, at historic locations, on city streets, in churches, synagogues, you name it. I can handle the special challenges of shooting outdoors or indoors, in wide-open spaces, or in crowded rooms.

I am proud that many clients with young children return year after year for their family portraits and couples whose weddings I’ve covered turn to me to continue the tradition with their young families.

As an artist, my work is shown in museums, galleries, and private collections across the country. I hold workshops for professional photographers, and have been interviewed on television several times.
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography



           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...